The JV-80 was an excellent mid-nineties digital synthesizer in its time. It helped lay the foundation for the later JV-1080, JV-2080 and XP-series synths. It featured a full 61-note keyboard and several sliders above the keyboard with assignable parameters for fast hands-on editing. Though its stock sounds are nothing great, it can take any of the SR-JV80 expansion boards for 8MB of great new sounds from any of the Orchestral, Vintage Synths, Techno, etc. sets.
Unfortunately, the JV-80 is no workstation like the XP-synths that followed it. With only 28 voice polyphony and no built-in sequencer, its likely that this won't be your ONLY synth. The JV-90 is basically the same as this, except that it has an excellent 76-note semi-weighted keyboard for a great feel, more memory and sounds. The JV-80 also came in a 1-space rack-mount form as the JV-880. The JV-80 has been used by Eat Static and Vangelis.
Lookup Roland JV-80 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JV-80? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 28 voices
- Oscillators - 4 per voice; Digital 4 MB of ROM sampled sounds
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Filter - Digital TVF filters
- LFO - 2 LFOs routable to pitch, TVA amps, or TVF filters
- Effects - 2 Effects units
- Memory - 192 Patches (64 user), 48 Performances (16 user) - expandable via 8mb expansion boards
- Keyboard - 61 keys (responds to velocity and aftertouch)
- Control - MIDI IN/OUT/THRU (8-parts)
- Date Produced - 1992 - 1994
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.