The JV-880 is the rack-mount version of the JV-80 keyboard and features powerful multi-timbral capabilities combined with impressive sound editing capability, all in a 1U rack space. The immediate forerunner to the immensely popular JV-1080/2080, the 880 provides the same high quality sounds for which the entire JV line has come to be respected. And like its descendants, the JV-880's sampled waveform memory can be expanded (to 14 Mbytes) using Roland's series of SR-JV80 expansion boards and SO-PCM1 cards.
Editing sounds is done via the rotary encoder that lets you select parameters and set values at the touch of a button. When editing you can audition sounds right from the front panel by pressing the preview button. There are TVF (filter), TVA (amp), micro-tuning, and multiple LFOs. An onboard effects processor with various types of chorus, reverb, and delays rounds out the package. It is used by K.O.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Info provided by Kostas Petropoulos.
Reviewed December 2007.