The JV-90 is an excellent mid-nineties keyboard controller and MIDI synthesizer. It featured a full 76-note semi-weighted keyboard. There are also several sliders above the keyboard with assignable parameters for fast hands-on editing. The sounds of the JV-90 (and JV-80) were the basis for the JV-1080, JV-2080 and XP-80 synths that came later. You'll find basses, synth sounds, pads, leads, strings, percussion, drumkits and more. One additional ROM slot allows you to add an 8MB SR-JV80 expansion board for more great sounds.
Unfortunately, the JV-90 is not a workstation like the XP-80. With only 28 (or 56) voice polyphony and no built-in sequencer, you aren't likely to make this your ONLY synth. But its keyboard feels great and many of its sounds are still useable, making the JV-90 a nice master MIDI keyboard. The JV-80 is basically the same thing as the JV-90 except it has a typical 61-note keyboard and less memory.
Lookup Roland JV-90 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JV-90? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 28 voices (expandable to 56)
- Oscillators - Digital Acoustic simulation via 4MB (expandable to 14MB) of ROM
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Filter - Digital filters
- Effects - 2 effects units with chorus, reverb and delay
- Memory - 256 Patches (can expand to about 600); 64 Performances
- Keyboard - 76 semi-weighted keys (responds to velocity and aftertouch)
- Control - MIDI (8- to 16-parts)
- Date Produced - 1993
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.