The MKS-7 Super Quartet is a multitimbral synth module with dedicated sections. The Melody section: 2 voice polyphony, 100 presets; Chord section: 4 voice polyphony, 100 presets; Bass section: monophonic, 20 presets; Rhythm section: 11 PCM sounds. The sound and architecture of the Melody, Chord and Bass sections are the same as the Juno 106 synthesizer. The Rhythm section offers up a few basic electronic rock drum sounds borrowed from the TR-707.
The beauty of using this sound module is that all 4 sections are available at once. Drums, bass, leads and pads can all play independent parts and patches together making this a very nice all-in one vintage Roland tone module. Just like the Juno 106, the MKS-7 is also controllable via MIDI and System Exclusive messages for editing. Most Juno 106 editors will work for the MKS-7 too. An underrated machine.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Tone Tweakers.