Roland MKS-70 Super JX
The MKS-70 is an identical rackmount version of the JX-10 synthesizer. Released in 1986 it combines two individual JX-8P synth engines for an outstanding warm and analog sound which is used in many modern studios all over the world. It comes with onboard effects like Chorus and Delay and offers a wider range of programming using the optional PG-800 Programmer. This programmer is highly recommended for those who will be programming unique sounds since editing from the rack-face itself is cumbersome and tedious. The MKS-70 has a "chase-play" function which allows programmable delayed repeats of voices from either of its tone modules. The chorus is either off, slow or fast. It is used by Überzone, Vangelis, Astral Projection and Josh Wink.
Lookup Roland MKS-70 Super JX Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland MKS-70 Super JX? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 12 voices
- Oscillators - 2 DCO's per voice (24 oscillators)
- Effects - Portamento, delay, chorus
- Memory - External memory cartridges
- VCF - low pass and hi pass filte
- VCA - 2 ADSR envelope generators per voice
- Arpeg/Seq - NO
- Keyboard - None, rackmount
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1986
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.