A very flexible oldie from Roland. Standard SH sound with lots more creative control and tweak-ability! The VCO's are a little different than traditional SH synths, they are syncable! There's also a mixer for all the audio signals which can be distorted for brash techno sounds. It's fun and easy to use but very powerful and perfect for screamin' techno sounds and effects! It features many new functions like an external audio input, a ring modulator, syncable VCO's, more waveform shapes, white/pink noise generators and sample+hold. It has been used by INXS.
- Polyphony - Duophonic
- Oscillators - 2 VCO's (square, triangle, ramp and PWM)
- LFO - One LFO w/ saw, square, sine waveforms + speed and delay control
- Filter - 12dB/oct HiPass and LowPass filters w/ resonance and modulation sources from LFO, S/H, VCO2, or envelope follower
- VCA - 2 ADSR Envelope generators
- Extra Fun - Ring Mod, white or pink noise Gen, External Audio Input to filter or ring mod, sample+hold
- Keyboard - 44 keys
- Control - CV/Gate
- Date Produced - 1978 - 1981
- Resources & Credits
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.