A very flexible oldie from Roland. Standard SH sound with lots more creative control and tweak-ability! The VCO's are a little different than traditional SH synths, they are syncable! There's also a mixer for all the audio signals which can be distorted for brash techno sounds. It's fun and easy to use but very powerful and perfect for screamin' techno sounds and effects! It features many new functions like an external audio input, a ring modulator, syncable VCO's, more waveform shapes, white/pink noise generators and sample+hold. It has been used by INXS.
Lookup Roland SH-7 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland SH-7? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Polyphony - Duophonic
- Oscillators - 2 VCO's (square, triangle, ramp and PWM)
- LFO - One LFO w/ saw, square, sine waveforms + speed and delay control
- Filter - 12dB/oct HiPass and LowPass filters w/ resonance and modulation sources from LFO, S/H, VCO2, or envelope follower
- VCA - 2 ADSR Envelope generators
- Extra Fun - Ring Mod, white or pink noise Gen, External Audio Input to filter or ring mod, sample+hold
- Keyboard - 44 keys
- Control - CV/Gate
- Date Produced - 1978 - 1981
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.