Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus
One of the coolest instruments out there. The vocoder shapes its envelope and filters by any sound source fed into it, your voice or even a drum loop can be used which is then applied to another sound source, typically a synth pad. This creates a very unique and famous robot-like sound.
Aside from the 10-band vocoder, the VP-330 added a string synth section, choir and a human-voice sound, both of which are quite excellent themselves. Its 3 sound sections offer a few different presets that can be slightly edited with de-tuning and vibrato. The VP-330 is one of the best Vocoder synths ever and although there are many other types of Vocoders, none sound as good as this!
The Roland SVC-350 (pictured just above) is a similar rackmount version of the VP-330 with a modernized look and graphic EQ section. These vocoders have been used by William Ørbit, BT, Styx, Kitaro, Underworld, Meat Beat Manifesto, Überzone, Air, Royksopp, Pink Floyd, Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, and many more.
Lookup Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Oscillators - 3 VCO's
- Effects - Ensemble (chorus)
- LFO - Vibrato w/ depth, delay and rate
- VCA - separate Mix Levels for Vocoder, String and Voice sections; 20 envelope followers
- Filter - 18 VCFs: 54db/oct bandpass; 1 VCF: 54db/oct lowpass and highpass filters; 20 VCFs: 18db/oct lowpass filters w/ dynamic range of 60db
- Memory - None
- Keyboard - 49 Keys
- Control - CV/Gate
- Date Produced - 1979
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from yousenditworks eBay Store and
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.