Sequential Circuits Split-8
The Split-8 makes for a very nice programmable polyphonic analog synthesizer with complete MIDI implementation. With 8 voices and 8 oscillators (Curtis 3394 SENTE chips) the Split-8 is a heavy contender against the Roland Juno-106! However programming the synth, while straight forward and intuitive, is limited to adjusting one parameter at a time assigned to one Data knob. This limits performance ability but is no problem during studio use.
The keyboard features splits and layers, all of which can be saved with patch data. Choose between 8 voice polyphony with 1 oscillator per voice, 4 voice polyphony with dual oscillators per voice, 2 voice polyphony with a mega 4 oscillators per voice, or the unison mode which is just a fat 8-voice solo mode for trance bass and lead heaven! Similar to the Juno-106, the Split-8 uses a Chorus effect to liven up the sounds. Sonically the Split-8 sounds much 'thinner' than a Roland Juno-106, however this 'thin' sound is characteristic of Sequential and is quite nice. The wooden side panels definitely give the Split-8 that vintage flare!
Lookup Sequential Circuits Split-8 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Sequential Circuits Split-8? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - 8 voices
- Oscillators - 8: 1 per voice (sawtooth, triangle and square)
- LFO - 1: programmable rate (0.25 - 20 Hz), depth, triangle, square waveforms; route to VCO, VCF, or pwm
- Filter - 24dB/octave 4-pole lowpass resonant filter; cutoff, kybd, ADSR env
- VCA - 2 ADSR Envelope gens
- Keyboard - 61 keys (no velocity or aftertouch)
- Memory - 64 patches, 64 performances
- Control - MIDI IN/OUT (2-parts), SysEx dumping
- Date Produced - 1985
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Synth Site.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.