Sequential Circuits Prophet T8
A monstrous 8 voice polysynth from SCI! The T8 has a very fat Prophet-5-like tone. This synth adds many illustrious new features (for its time) such as full MIDI implementation, 76 full size weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch, split/layer double/unison keyboard modes, and a simple but useful real-time sequencer. The new keyboard features many dynamics enhancements, ie: aftertouch can affect pitch, level, filter or the LFO. It was Sequential's finest analog synthesizer. Digital control of analog sound with an extremely flexible, intuitive and beautiful design - right down to the wood panels!
Unfortunately the T8 suffered from the popularity of the much cheaper Yamaha DX7 back in 1983 when they were released. Although it still sounds great, the weighted keyboard is the T8's best feature making it the Rolls Royce of analog synthesizers. Generally these beasts are hard to find today and still very expensive. It has been used by Howard Jones, the Thompson Twins and Steve Levine.
Demos & Media
Destinations: osc a, osc b, pulse width, filter
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.