The Waldorf Pulse is a monophonic synthesizer equipped with three oscillators and an arpeggiator. Its 100 patch programs are divided into 59 presets, 40 user sounds and one random sound. In addition to some standard modulations, four freely routable modulation units with selectable source, amount and destination give almost unlimited possibilities for analog bass and lead synth sounds.
On the Pulse+ model, there is a built-in MIDI to CV converter with CV/Gate input and output for communicating with your old analog gear. All parameter changes are sent and received as MIDI controller messages. There are up to 16 modulation sources, 4 routable modulation units with adjustable source, amount and destination parameters, 6 knobs and 4 buttons for convenient editing. This and a lot more puts the Waldorf Pulse a class of its own. It is used by Hardfloor, 808 State, Sneaker Pimps, Nine Inch Nails, Moby, Jimmy Edgar, and Bushflange.
Lookup Waldorf Pulse Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Waldorf Pulse? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - Three Oscillators with variable Waveform pulse,saw and triangle
- Memory - 59 preset, 40 user programs
- LFO - Two LFOs, LFO1 with 5 different waveforms tri, sin, saw, pulse, sample&hold (range from 0.008 Hz to 261 Hz)
- Filter - 24 dB lowpass filter with resonance
- Envelopes - 2 envelopes with selectable trigger
- Keyboard - None
- Arpeg/Seq - Rhythmic arpeggiator
- Control - MIDI (CV/Gate on Pulse+)
- Date Produced - 1996
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Flite Media and
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.