The AN200 is a compact table-top physical modeling analog synthesizer and sequencer. The AN200 has sounds like the AN1x keyboard. The sounds are pretty phat, from punchy analog bass to squelchy distorted 303-lines. It models two analog VCO oscillators with sawtooth, variable pulse, mix, multi-saw, OSC Sync, FM, resonant multimode filters and 5 voices of polyphony. To accompany this beastly little synth engine is a 32-voice AWM2 section with about 120 drum and rhythm sounds for creating complete dance grooves, patterns and songs!
The AN200 features a 16 step pattern sequencer with one track for FM sounds and three tracks for AWM2 rhythm sounds. It's simple to use and is suited for hands-on and easy pattern making. Create your patterns in step-mode, in real-time, or record it using an external MIDI keyboard. The sequencer is Analog-Style, each step of a pattern can be tweaked by the turn of a knob, affecting the pitch, gate time or velocity of any synth or drum note. Parts can be dropped out and brought back in on the fly, along with any tweaks and pattern changes for interactive live performances! The "Swing" function can funk up the groove of your patterns for better or worse. There's also Tap Tempo for DJs to match up to their beats! Editing sounds is also fairly easy and hands-on. There are 15 quick access knobs for various common tweakable parameters like the LFO, amp envelopes, filters, effects section and osc. sections. That's way more knobs than the competition (Korg ElecTribe/M and Roland MC-series)! Further in-depth editing can be achieved with the bundled software editor for Mac/PC.
Yamaha's "Scene Memory" function is also on-board, providing two "Scene" memory snapshots and real-time morphing between scene memories. All knob tweaks can also be recorded into your patterns via the Free EG for motion and evolving effects. There are quality on-board multi-effects (delay, flanger, phaser, overdrive/amp simulator, distortion, EQ) to sweeten your tracks! The DX-200 is just like the AN200 except that it is based around FM synthesis, reviving the sound of Yamaha's classic DX synthesizers. Like the DX-200, the AN200 makes an excellent groove machine. It's suited perfectly for use by DJs, live on stage, and in the studio as a sound module or as a groovin' analog loop factory for professional and beginning electronic musicians alike!
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - Here's a rude demo of the AN200 showing off its phat and funky sounds, deep bass, hard-core grooves, distorted analog synth lines, and a little ethnic dub at the end!
- Polyphony - 5 voices (synth); 32 voices (AWM2)
- Oscillators - Analog Modeling - Tone Generator: 2 VCO (sawtooth, variable pulse, mix, multi-saw, OSC Sync, FM); White Noise; Sub Synthesizer: AWM2 (120 Drum and Rhythm Sounds)
- LFO - 1 LFO modulates Pitch or Filter with up to 21 waveforms (5 sine, 5 triangle, 3 square, 4 saw, 4 sample-and-hold)
- Filter - FEG - Resonant multimode filter for synth (12-, 18-, 24dB/oct lowpass, 12dB/oct highpass, bandpass, band-reject), 1 resonant lowpass filter for each AWM2.
- VCA - AEG - 2 ADSR amp envelopes; PEG - 1 AD pitch envelope
- Keyboard - 16 rubber pads (not velocity sensitive)
- Effects - 13 types (delay, flanger, phaser, overdrive/amp simulator, distortion, EQ), Ring Mod, Portamento
- Sequencer - 16 steps x 4 parts per pattern; 1 track for Synth, 3 tracks for AWM2 drum sounds; 10 songs capacity
- Memory - 256 Preset Patterns, 128 User Patterns; 10 Songs; 2 Scene Memories per Pattern
- Control - MIDI IN/OUT(Int/Ext Clock)
- Date Produced - 2001
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.