The next generation of CS synthesizers is here, with added sampling and features from the AN1x synth! In keeping with the new CS-line trend of analog emulation for dance and electronic music, the CS6x offers real-time and assignable knobs, scene memory and morphing, MIDI controllability and excellent sounds. Yamaha says that this IS the machine for Trance. Its awesome arpeggiators, filters and phrase sampling are proof of this claim.
First the sounds, they're just great! 64 voice polyphony allows for some thick sounds. Excellent (AWM2) Advanced Wave Memory samples provide emulation of classic analog synths is truly possible with the CS6x enhanced abilities. It has a Bit-depth switch which allows you to degrade its output creating 'Vintage' lo-fi quality sounds, which can be cool. And filters... the CS6x has the best one yet with 2,3,4-pole filters with 6,12,24dB slopes and low, hi and band pass filter types (see technical data below for specifics) for just about any imaginable filtration method you can use to shape its sounds.
The CS6x allows you to sample sounds or load in samples using the 4MB Phrase sampler. All the features and functions a pro-quality 16-bit linear sampler should have are found here with sampling at 44.1kHz. Up to 256 Phrase sample clips can be created and used as loops in your performances or sequences. Apply effects to your samples or synth sounds using the vast array of quality digital multi-effects. The built-in arpeggiator is better than any previous CS synths with 128 patterns and filter patterns. The CS6x will also play SMF playback sequences (Format 0) loaded in from a disk. The CS6x is expandable with two slots for Plug-In Expansion Boards which add polyphony, sounds, effects and more! For performance and control the CS6x has a pitch and mod wheel, ribbon controller and 6 assignable knobs. The CS6x also has a built-in 3.3V smart media storage drive. This stores the phrase sample clips, SMF sequences and other synth data on 4, 8, 16 or 32MB cards. Simply the biggest and best CS synth from Yamaha. It has been used by Faithless and Depeche Mode.
Lookup Yamaha CS6x Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Yamaha CS6x? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 64 voices
- Oscillators - 4 osc: 16 MB AWM2, 479 waveforms; Multitimbrality 16 + 1(A/D) + 1(Phrase Clip) + 2(Plug-in)
- LFO - 2 with saw, square, tri, sample & hold
- Filter - 13 different filters and EQ: 4,3,2 Pole, Band-Pass (6 and 12dB), Hi-pass (12,24dB), Low pass (6,18,24dB), BPF wide, BEF 6.
- Effects - Reverb: 12, Chorus: 23, Insertion Effects: 93, Insertion Effects for Plug-in Boards: 24, Master Equalizer: 4
- Keyboard - 61 notes with aftertouch & velocity
- Memory - 256 preset patches, 8 preset drum kits, 128 internal user patches, 2 internal user drum kits, 128 external user patches, 2 external user drum kits, 128 internal Performance banks, 64 external Performance banks
- Control - MIDI (20 Parts: 16 parts + 2 Plug-ins + 1 A/D + 1 Phrase Clip)
- Date Produced - 1999
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.