Comparable to the W7, the QS300 is a slightly 'lighter' synthesizer and workstation. Up to 32 voice polyphony and a large 16-track on-board sequencer based off the QS300 MIDI sequencer. The sounds are quite good, generated from Yamaha's AWM2 analog modeling method, this synth has become a favorite of Ravers, Techno and Trance producers and DJs. The standard GS, GM sounds, and some of the pianos are not special, but they aren't what this synth is about! The technology from this synth was later passed on to the AN1x and the CS1x. The QS300 has a large LCD for viewing and selection of status, effects, preset voices, rhythm patterns, chords, and more. It's full of hundreds of sounds including 22 drum kits. It has a disk drive, Swing effect, Quantize, MIDI controller, Extra DEMO disk, XG compatible...an impressive workstation for the price.
Lookup Yamaha QS300 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Yamaha QS300? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 32 voices
- Oscillators - Systems AWM2 ROM memory
- LFO - Yes
- Sequencer - Based on QY300: 16 Tracks, 10 Songs, Real and Step time Recording, 96 Clocks per Quarter Note, 88,000 Notes capacity
- Effects - 3 parallel 24 bit effects processors giving over 60 different effects types.
- Keyboard - 61 (velocity, aftertouch)
- Memory - 932 normal voices and 22 drum kits
- Control - MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Date Produced - 1995
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from The QS300 Website
Info provided by Bart Callaerts.
Reviewed December 2007.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.