The TG33 sound module is a slightly enhanced key-less version of the SY22. It is a digital synthesizer that employs frequency modulation (FM) synthesis combined with low-fi (12-bit) AWM ROM samples. However, this machine is not low quality (especially for the electronica-oriented musician). Its preset sounds are a bit thin, however using the joystick controller you can manipulate and combine the 12-bit samples with the any of the 256 FM vector voices. This gives it a range of tone and sound that is as dynamic and mysterious as other vector synths such as the Korg Wavestation and ProphetVS.
Also available is a drum kit, effects, 16-part multitimbrality for layering sounds and 32 note polyphony! Definitely a powerful little beast that can create pretty nice sounds with lots of motion and character. With its wide range of sonic possibility, the TG33 has what it takes to create unique sounds that will keep you and you're music sounding a little different from the rest!
Check Yamaha TG33 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Yamaha TG33? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 32 voices
- Oscillators - 2 Digital FM operators + 2 AWM (using 12-bit ROM samples)
- LFO - AM, PM, Saw Up, Saw Down, Triangle, Square, Sample & Hold
- Filter - None
- Effects - 16 Digital Reverbs and Delays
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 128 preset, 64 user
- Control - MIDI (responds to Velocity and Aftertouch)
- Date Produced - 1990
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.