The TX7 is essentially a non-rack-mountable desktop module form of Yamaha's DX7 FM synthesizer. Editing can not be done from the front panel, but must be accomplished externally via MIDI using either a DX7 keyboard, the PR-7 programmer or a computer. Software such as Unisyn can be used to edit the parameters of the TX7. There are only 32 patches for storing any sounds as on the DX7. It's probably better to collect patches from the internet to expand your library of sounds since FM patch-editing is difficult enough on a professional DX synthesizer. Aside from its limitations, the TX7 is an affordable way to get your hands on original DX7 sounds. It has been used by Genesis, Human League and the producers behind the Spice Girls.
Lookup Yamaha TX7 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Yamaha TX7? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 16 voices
- Oscillators - 6 FM operators and 32 algorithms
- #Instruments - (1) Monotimbral
- LFO - triangle / saw / square / sine / random
- VCA - 6 Envelope generators 8 parameters each
- Keyboard - none
- Memory - 32 patches
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1985
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.