Imagine the excellent sonic characteristics of the DX11 synthesizer or TX-81Z sound module. The V50 is the ultimate 4-Operator FM synth workstation comprising 16-note polyphony, a dual effects processor (with distortion), a large dual line, backlit LCD display, a drum machine, a 16,000 note sequencer and a 3.5in floppy drive to save your songs and voices!
The DVA function and built in voice-based pitch delay are two interesting features in this synth. It's great for percussive sounds such as short bass sounds, marimbas, clavinets, etc and should one pitch an operator really high and work with the pitch bender, one gets very cool ambient effects. It's very rare yet cheap in today's 2nd-hand market and coupled with an outboard (analog) filter it makes an unbeatable digital FM synth!
The V50 has been used by Sin.
Lookup Yamaha V50 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Yamaha V50? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Download the original owner's manual here.
- Polyphony - 16 notes
- Oscillators - 4-Operator Digital FM synthesizer
- #Instruments - 8 parts
- Filter - None
- VCA - 1 DVA env , 1 Pitch Envelope Generator
- LFO - One
- Effects - 2 FX Units - 16 different effects
- Keyboard - 5 octave touch sensitive with pressure sensitivity.
- Memory - 100 preset / 100 user voices, 100 preset performances / 100 user, 3.5in disk drive.
- Arpeg/Seq - sequencer: 16000 notes, 8 songs, 32 note polyphonic, punch in/out, real / step programming.
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1989
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from AudioFanzine.
Thanks to Edwin Balzan for providing this info.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.