New Virtual Bass Instrument by Sound Magic Called FusionX
Post date:Wed, 09/01/2021 - 09:09
Sound Magic recently released a brand new virtual bass instrument that they have dubbed FusionX for both Windows and Mac. According to Sound Magic, FusionX is not a sample of a model of bass. Instead, it offers a combination of several extraordinary bass models such as Fender Jazz Fretless, Gibson EB2, and Rickenbacker. The ability to select different bass for each technique also provides you with more freedom on the sound.
In order to accurately represent the legendary bass sound of these instruments, Sound Magic deeply sampled more than 21GB of uncompressed content for FusionX. This includes over 23,000 samples with multi velocity layers and round robin samples. Sound Magic also went the extra mile of spending months recording at the famous Eastwood Scoring Stage. This venue is known for its extensive collection of classic amps and cabs, allowing Sound Magic to try out the best combinations possible for FusionX.
According to Sound Magic, the most important feature of FusionX is that they recorded all three basses and then picked the best sounding one as the main sample set for each technique. They then chose another different style of sound as the backup sample sets. Another highlight of FusionX is that it includes VStomp Effect System. With VSTomp, users have access to many modeled amps and cabs that they can freely combine to forge their unique guitar sound.
Users also have a lot more freedom than before, thanks to the option to start legato or glissando anytime they want. They are also not limited to patches that have sampled legato either. Furthermore, it is possible to change timbre in real-time, giving you an instrument that sounds natural and not fixed or dead as with something that is sampled. Sound Magic focused on achieving authentic sounds from sampling but without sacrificing any creative control in the process. For example, it is possible for users to start with a non-vibrato and then to fade in vibrato sustain while changing depth and speed. Slide or bend speed can also be altered in real-time while setting different destination notes.
To hear FusionX in action, check out the video below, which provides a demo of what users can expect.
The complete list of FusionX product features are as follow:
- Deeply sampled, Over 23,000 samples, 21GB sample uncompressed data
- Modeled Vibrato, Slide, Bend, and Legato
- Innovative Performance Key Switch system
- VStomp Effect System provides Reverb, Delay, EQ, Noise, Enhancer and more
- 26 CDCM powered legendary vintage and modern amplifier models
- 20 CDCM powered classic cabinet models
- Built-in IR loader for applying your favorite cabs
- VStomp can be used as a standalone or effect plugin
- Comprehensive Envelope system
- Scala Tuning System can emulate the old/new tunning system
- DFD/RAM system enables users to relocate resources and ensure the best performance under every individual project
- Different GUI modes for standard resolution and 4K resolution
FusionX is available now from the official website at the cost of $199.00. However, users who snap it up before November 2021 can grab it at the introductory price of $99.