E-mu Vintage Pro
The Vintage Pro takes the concepts from the Vintage Keys and packages it in another great single-space rack module with the same features and capabilities as E-mu's Proteus 2000, Virtuoso 2000, Orbit 3, and Turbo Phatt sound modules. It comes full of classic synthesizer sounds of the '60's, '70's and '80's. This includes analog and digital synths, FM synths, Hammond organs, Wurlitzer EPs, etc. According to E-mu, there are over 30 classic keyboards from ARP to Yamaha within the sample-based ROM of the Vintage Pro for easy and authentic recreation and emulation of these sounds.
It features 128-voice polyphony and 32 MIDI channels allowing it to handle even your most complex MIDI sequences. It ships with a whopping 32 MB of sample ROM memory which is expandable up to 128 MB using the internal ROM slots! The sounds it ships with are from the brand-new "Classic Keyboards" sound-set, offering you 1,536 presets (1,024 ROM, 512 user). You can shape and edit these sounds with over 100 synthesis parameters per preset! There are E-mu's expressive multi-mode resonant filters on-board, plus four real-time controls allow you to access any of up to 12 parameters, giving you instant control over your sounds right from the front-face of the module. You'll also find two sets of extra outputs, digital output and another MIDI port as well.
Current E-mu sound modules ship with one 32 MB sound-set each, but are expandable up to 128 MB via three additional slots for 32 MB expansion cards. The Vintage Pro ships with the "Classic Keyboards" sound-set which features actual samples from the Hammond B-3, Wurlitzer EP, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Farfisa, Mellotron, Moogs, Prophets, Oberheim OBX, Jupiter, Juno, 808, 909, ARPs, DX7, CP70, Matrix, SH101, TB303, E-mu Modular, Fairlight, and many more. Other cards include (ranging from $249 to $395):
- 9061: Siedlaczek Orchestra 32 MB ROM.
- 9062: Pure Phatt 32 MB ROM - standard in Mo’Phatt, MP-7 and MK-6.
- 9063: Beat Garden 32 MB ROM - standard in Orbit 3.
- 9082: Protozoa 16 MB ROM - standard in Proteus 1, 2, 3.
- 9083: Definitive B-3 32 MB ROM - standard in B-3.
- 9084: Techno Synth Construction Yard 32 MB ROM - standard in Orbit 3.
- 9085: Orchestral Session Vol. 1 32 MB ROM - standard in Virtuoso 2000.
- 9086: Orchestral Session Vol. 2 32 MB ROM - standard in Virtuoso 2000.
- 9087: World Expedition 32 MB ROM - standard in Planet Earth.
- 9088: Sounds of the ZR featuring the Perfect Piano 32 MB ROM - standard in Ensoniq Halo.
- 9089: X-Lead 32 MB ROM - standard in Xtreme Lead-1, XL-7 and XK-6.
Demos & Media
Websites of Interest
Images from E-mu Home Page.