Arturia New Release Roundup
Post date:Fri, 10/28/2022 - 06:41
As 2022 begins to draw to a close, Arturia has introduced some of its new hardware and software that is available. First up is the MiniFreak, which is described as a “spontaneous algorithmic synthesizer.” In essence, it is a polyphonic hybrid keyboard uniting dual digital sound engines with analog filters, playful modulation, and more. MiniFreak features two engines, six voices, and 22 oscillator modes, which allows users to explore the unconventional. It also boasts twin LFOs, polyphonic cycling envelopes, and customizable LFO shapes. Users can module their sound engines, filters, effects, or even the modulation sources themselves using the simple-but-powerful modulation matrix. In addition, the MiniFreak has stereo outputs and 3 FX slots, each featuring ten curated FX algorithms to choose from. Other highlights include a quality slim-key keybed with aftertouch, dynamic macros, Chord mode, and Scale mode. Also included with the instrument is MiniFreak V, which is MiniFreak’s sound and architecture mirrored virtually. This VST counterpart to MiniFreak can be used in your DAW of choice and allows for seamless creative flow by enabling you to use the same presets physically or virtually.
See MiniFreak’s complete list of main features below and visit the official website (https://www.arturia.com/products/hardware-synths/minifreak/overview) for more information. It is available now for $599.
- 6-voice polyphonic hybrid synthesizer
- 37-note velocity-sensitive Slim-key keybed with aftertouch
- Two sound Engines with 22 oscillator modes in total
- Engine 2 can be used to process Engine 1
- One envelope per voice
- One cycling envelope per voice
- Two LFOs per voice
- Polyphonic analog filters and VCAs
- Six-voice polyphonic, 12-voice paraphonic, unison, or mono configuration
- Three digital FX slots in insert or send mode, with 10 FX to choose from
- User-customizable LFO curves
- Mod Matrix with seven sources and 13 potential destinations
- OLED display for real-time visual feedback
- Intuitive 64-step sequencer (4 pages of 16 steps)
- Four lanes of automated modulation
- Performance Arpeggiator controls, including Ratchet, Octave Randomize, and more
- MIDI in/out/thru
- USB connectivity
- Sustain, audio in, and clock in/out connectivity
- Balanced stereo outputs
- 256 factory presets
- 256 user preset slots
Another new release by Arturia is the MiniFuse 4, a versatile desktop audio interface. According to Arturia, it is a next-gen 4-in/4out audio and MIDI interface that is designed to transform your ideas into art. It was built by audio creators for audio creators to be the one interface that you can count on in every situation. MiniFuse 4 features a straightforward set of ins and outs to fit right into any setup, and its single combo input is compatible with either XLR or ¼” jack cables. Its USB-C compatibility is excellent for connecting to your computer, and its additional USB hub socket allows it to connect to USB devices like MIDI keyboards.
MiniFuse 4 has a 110dB dynamic range and class-leading equivalent input noise of -129dB. In addition, it has a rugged aluminum casing, despite being compact and lightweight. The exclusive selection of software titles included with MiniFuse isn’t just a bundle of fremium plugins or demos either. Instead, it consists of the likes of Arturia FX, Native Instruments Guitar RIG 6 LE, Auto Tune Unlimted, Ableton Live Lite, and more. For more information, visit the Arturia website (https://www.arturia.com/products/audio/minifuse/minifuse4), where it is also available to purchase for $219.
Last up is the new MiniLab 3 universal music-making controller by Arturia. This plug-and-play MIDI keyboard is all about “following your musical curiosity and discovering how far your sound can really go.” It also represents a benchmark in eco-friendly instrument design and lifespan. Arturia not only built it to last longer but also produce less waste and reduce their carbon footprint thanks to a minimum of 50% recycled plastic, new fully-recyclable cardboard packing, and a 5-year warranty.
In terms of features, MiniLab 3 has the following:
- 25 high-quality note velocity-sensitive slim keyboard
- Two banks of 8 velocity & pressure-sensitive pads with RGB backlighting
- Eight rotary encoders
- Four sliders
- Two capacitive touch sensors for pitch bend and modulation wheel
- Mini display & clickable browsing knob
- real-time feedback on tweaks and controls
- Built-in arpeggiator
- Chord mode
- Hold function
- Octave up and down buttons
- Semitone transpose
- USB-C connects to computers and iPad
- MIDI 5-pin DIN output for connection to external instruments, gear
- Control input for pedal: sustain, expression, or footswitch
- USB powered
For more information, visit the official website (https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-3/overview), where MiniLab 3 is available to purchase for $109.