Cherry Audio Debuts New Low Down Bass Synthesizer
Post date:Fri, 06/03/2022 - 08:52
Cherry Audio recently unveiled their new Low Down Bass Synthesizer, which they describe as "the fattest floor synth." Lowdown is based on the sounds of the most legendary dual-oscillator bass pedal synth ever made, bringing its room-rattling sounds to the desktop for the first time. From the dual "constant-beat" oscillators to the girthy ladder filter, everything has been modeled with exceptional accuracy by award-winning synth designer Mark Barton.
The Moog Taurus was the first dedicated foot-controlled bass synth on the market and very popular amongst some of the best acts of the 70s and 80s. Instead of the conventional volts/oct oscillator scaling, the Taurus used a Hz/V oscillator scaling. The advantage was that it allowed the amount of oscillator detuning to remain constant across the keyboard. This was done by minimizing the phase cancellation that is possible when two oscillators play at the same time. Of course, the Taurus also featured a few other engineering tricks to accomplish its legendary sound.
Mark Barton took all of this into consideration when designing Cherry Audio's Lowdown and carefully analyzed the synthesis circuits of the original hardware. He then precisely recreated everything for the virtual version, which is an easy-to-use earth-moving bass experience.
- Faithful virtual analog emulation of the renowned monophonic bass pedal synth
- Every aspect is precisely modeled in exacting detail with an ultra-realistic interface
- Beyond bass: propel Lowdown from fat deep end up to soaring leads
- Massive dual oscillators
- Throaty 24dB/octave lowpass filter with controls for Cutoff, Emphasis, and Contour
- Single-button access to Bull, Tuba, and Bass factory presets
- Variable live-panel mode, available with a single click
- Additional one-button controls to activate Glide, Decay, and Octave
- Loudness and Filter master "foot" sliders
- The recessed panel provides access to programmable functions: Tune, Beat, Glide, Octave, Mix, and OSC B Frequency
- Rendered and animated foot pedal keyboard
- Select from 14 under-the-pedals floor surfaces
- Over 40 presets in an extensive preset browsing menu and unlimited user preset storage
- Full MIDI control
- Full DAW automation for all controls
For more information or to purchase Lowdown Bas Synthesizer at an introductory price of $25.00 (the regular price is $39.00), visit the official Cherry Audio website https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/lowdown-bass-synthesizer. Lowdown is available in AU, VST, VST3, AAX, and standalone formats. A 30-day demo of Lowdown is also available for free and is unlimited apart from white noise that plays periodically.