Modbap Modular Releases Trinity & Hue
Post date:Fri, 12/09/2022 - 10:59
Eurorack fans have two brand new offerings by Modbap Modular to choose from in the form of Trinity and Hue. Trinity is a three-channel digital drum synth array, while Hue is an audio color and textural processing effect.
Trinity, which is packed into a 20hp eurorack synthesizer, takes things way beyond the core elements of Kick, Snare, and Hat that form the backbone of any modern beat-driven composition. It offers three channels and an array of drum synth algorithms that uses a variety of synthesis types ranging from analog inspired to additive, FM, and noise. In addition to the wide range of drum design capabilities, Trinity’s digital drum synth algorithms are also highly malleable. Users can control specific parameters and characteristics with the available seven knobs and four mini-pots. In addition, each of its drum channels has its own trigger and v/oct, along with extensive CV input options per channel. Other highlights include a uniquely performable and switchable output matrix and midi over USB connection.
The complete list of features for Trinity is as follows:
- Four drum algorithms - Block (analog inspired), Heap (additive), Neon (FM) & Arcade (noise)
- Two dozen CV inputs
- CV control over all major parameters
- Trigger and pitch control over all three channels
- Three-voice drum polyphony
- Clipping limiter
- Switchable output routing matrix with individual and Mix output
- Stack, Cycle & Random modes
- Midi over USB (micro)
- Width: 20HP
- Depth: 28mm
- Power: 50mA +12V, 50mA -12V (64mA Peak on Power Up)
Trinity is available from the Modbap Modular website (https://www.modbap.com/products/trinity) for $549.99, but a price increase is scheduled for January 1, 2023.
Hue is a 6hp eurorack format module with the simple purpose of adding color to your sound. To accomplish this, it offers a chain of five effects that consists of Drive, Filter, Tape, Saturation, LoFi, and Compressor. While it is great for beefing up drums, Hue also works fine with melodic content and pairs well with Trinity.
- Five effects (Drive, Filter, Tape Saturation, LoFi, compressor)
- 4 CV inputs for modulating the first four effects
- mono in and mono out
Hue is available from the Modbap Modular website for $299.99 (https://www.modbap.com/products/hue).