The VX600 is a unique and compact analog synthesizer produced by the sampler-meisters at Akai. It's a six-voice synth with two analog VCOs per voice. This will give you some pretty thick and rich analog bass, pads, strings and so on. A very flexible Modulation Matrix allows you to route waveforms from each of the VCOs through the various edit functions. There is a lowpass resonant filter, a highpass filter, two LFOs, three envelope generators, two external sound inputs and more.
The VX600's patch memory stores over 100 patches, each of which can contain key group splits, MIDI info and voice allocation. Add classic analog performance modes such as unison, stacked mono and a new six-part multitimbral mode and you've got yourself some thick and full analog sounds! Its MIDI implementation allows for seamless integration into any MIDI studio. Additionally, a dedicated connector jack allows direct connection to the EVI1000 and EWI1000 wind synthesizers and a 13-pin DIN connector gives six individual voice outputs. Quite a powerful little beast!
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Akai VX600 Site