The VX600 is a unique and compact analog synthesizer produced by the sampler-meisters at Akai. It's a six-voice synth with two analog VCOs per voice. This will give you some pretty thick and rich analog bass, pads, strings and so on. A very flexible Modulation Matrix allows you to route waveforms from each of the VCOs through the various edit functions. There is a lowpass resonant filter, a highpass filter, two LFOs, three envelope generators, two external sound inputs and more.
The VX600's patch memory stores over 100 patches, each of which can contain key group splits, MIDI info and voice allocation. Add classic analog performance modes such as unison, stacked mono and a new six-part multitimbral mode and you've got yourself some thick and full analog sounds! Its MIDI implementation allows for seamless integration into any MIDI studio. Additionally, a dedicated connector jack allows direct connection to the EVI1000 and EWI1000 wind synthesizers and a 13-pin DIN connector gives six individual voice outputs. Quite a powerful little beast!
Check Akai VX600 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Akai VX600? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - 6 voices
- Oscillators - 12 osc. (2 per voice)
- LFO - 2 LFOs per voice (various waveforms, speed, delay, depth)
- Filter - Lowpass / Highpass filter w/ cutoff, resonance, pitch follow
- VCA - FM: depth, destination & vca: level
- Keyboard - 37 keys (velocity and aftertouch)
- Memory - 50 sound library patches, 20 code memories, 40 programs, 10 packets + external memory cards available
- Control - MIDI (6-parts)
- Date Produced - 1988
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Akai VX600 Site
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.