ARP Solina String Synthesizer
The Solina String Synthesizer is the rare brother of the String Ensemble. Only about 100 were made, so they are very hard to find. The String Synthesizer pictured above is painted white, but they originally have a standard wood case like the Ensemble models. The String Synthesizer is basically a combination of the String Ensemble and the Arp Explorer 1. You can select between Preset sounds (trumpets, flutes, and clarinets) or make your own using the added VCO, courtesy of the Explorer. It offered way more sound editing than the String Ensemble, and was capable of more diverse sounds.
Check ARP Solina String Synthesizer Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a ARP Solina String Synthesizer? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 16 Voices
- Oscillators - One VCO plus viola / violin / cello / contrabass / horn / trumpet
- LFO - Yes, One
- Filter - Yes, 24dB/oct self-resonant
- VCA - Yes, One with Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release controls
- Keyboard - 49 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - CV/GATE
- Date Produced - 1975
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from ARP Odyssey web page
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.