E-mu Planet Phatt
E-mu's synth module designed with classic hip hop, modern R&B, acid jazz and trip hop in mind! All the sounds you need to create PHATT tracks! Tight basslines and thumpin' 808 kicks, this box has it all. It also includes all the common lead and rhythmic sounds in hip hop, rap and R&B. The BEATS mode is great for generating grooves and ideas that you can jam with! Oh yeah, and the sounds are great! They have very analog-like controls such as filters, envelopes and LFO modulation effects! And everything is MIDI controllable! A definite must for any PHATT situation, as it is already being used by dozens of famous artists already, including Roni Size, ATB, and Hardfloor!
In 2000 E-mu released a new urban and hip hop sound module called the Mo’Phatt. It upped the soundset to a wopping 32 MB of sounds, and polyphony increased to 64 voices. A subsequent keyboard version followed in 2002 called the MK-6 Mo’Phatt Keys. And a desktop sequencer version with 128 voices, the MP-7 Command Station was released at the end of 2001.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.