Ensoniq ASR-X Pro
The ASR-X Pro Resampling Production Studio. An enhanced update to the ASR-X, the ASR-X Pro is a sampling, synthesizer, sequencer and effects studio in a single tabletop unit. For a machine that's competing with the Akai MPC3000, the ASR-X Pro is a worthy opponent. It's got professional sampler specifications, and easy yet professional sample editing features. Process your samples with modern edit functions including copying, truncating, reduce bits, scaling, normalizing and inverting. It has enough built-in effects to sweeten your samples with: EQ, Reverb, Chorus, Flanger, DDL, Distortion, Tunable Speaker, Chatter Box, Vocal Morph, and Auto-Wah. Sequencing is also easy and hands-on. Microscopic Tempo control and resolution allow for punchy groovy sequences with plenty of feel and note capacity. There are also independent dual multi-mode dynamic digital filters with low-pass, high-pass, variable bandwidth band-pass, resonant low-pass and resonant band-pass.
What separates the ASR-X Pro from the ASR-X? The Pro now offers a SCSI interface for limitless storage to disk or drive. A cool new Flash OS system means you can upgrade it simply by inserting a floppy, no messing with ROM chips! There's a new Stomper program that synthesizes phatt analog drum machine sounds (a built-in drum machine) - giving the MPC3000 a run for its groove. Memory can be expanded to a whopping 66MB for over 12 minutes (mono) sampling time. There is also a very cool Resampling technology that allows you to digitally resample sounds, loops or sequences with any effects and tweaks you've applied back into itself. Optional upgrades beside memory include the ESP-2 effects chip, EXP 24MB sound and wave expansion board and the X-8 eight output expander. The ASR-X Pro is compatible with virtually everything including most sound libraries and sampler libraries.
Check Ensoniq ASR-X Pro Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Ensoniq ASR-X Pro? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 32 voices
- Sampler - 44.1kHz; 20-bit A/D, 18-bit D/A, 16-bit Memory; Stereo or mono; Sample-time: 2MB standard (20.5 seconds max); expandable up to 66MB (13 minutes max)
- Sequencer - 16 polyphonic tracks, Up to 128 Sequences, 384 PPQ clock resolution, Tap Tempo
- Effects - Real time modulation of effects parameters; 40 algorithms with many programmable variations per effect and 5 Stereo busses: Insert, Light Reverb, Medium Reverb, Wet Reverb, Dry
- Keyboard - 13 Velocity sensitive trigger pads
- Memory - Disk: 1.4 MB Quad-density HD, 3.5" micro-floppy disk
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1998
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Ensoniq.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.