The DS-8 is Korg's contender among synths like the Roland D-50 and Yamaha DX7. It is a digital FM synthesizer with 4-operators per voice, 8 voices of polyphony and 8 parts multitimbrality. It's good for percussive, strange effect noises and such because its sound (similar to the DX7) is so unique. It has some digital effects such as chorus, flange, delay and analog-like controls for modulators, envelopes and the LFO. A joystick provides control of modulation and pitch bending. It also has a performance section for quick edits on the fly using (3) real-time sliders to control timbre, EG1 and EG2. A nice alternative to the common DX-7.
Lookup Korg DS-8 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg DS-8? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Original owner's manual available as free PDF downloads.
Factory Patches - Standard factory loaded patches in MIDEX format.
- Polyphony - 8 voices (4 FM-operators per voice)
- Oscillators - 2 oscillators
- LFO - 1 LFO: saw / triangle / square / sample & hold
- Filter - None
- VCA - 4 DCA (1 per operator)
- Keyboard - 61 keys w/ velocity & aftertouch
- Memory - 100 user, 10 multi patches, external card slot
- Effects - 1 unit effect (delay, chorus, flanger, double)
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - MIDI (8-parts)
- Date Produced - 1987
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Synth Site.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.