Korg Rhythm 55 (KR-55 & KR-55B)
The KR55 was, for its time (1979), an advanced preset rhythm drum machine with up to 96 preset rhythm patterns! These patterns cover the whole gamut of presets (Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock, etc.). The KR55 also featured a "swing beat" control to add a variation to the groove. Each drum sound's level can be individually adjusted for each pattern. It can also be externally controlled via footswitch jack for the Start/Stop and Intro/Fill switches. The KR55B was a black-chassis version released a few years later in 1982 with twice as many rhythm patterns. It has been used by Jean-Michel Jarre, Trio and Depeche Mode.
Lookup Korg Rhythm 55 (KR-55 & KR-55B) Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg Rhythm 55 (KR-55 & KR-55B)? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Demos & Media
- Sounds - 12 Tones: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, HiHat x 2, Cymbal, Low Conga, High Conga, Rim Shot, Claves, Cowbell, Tom Tom x 2
- Patterns - KR55 - 48 Rhythm patterns: Waltz, Jazz Waltz, Rock, Ballad x 3, 5/4 Beat x 3, Mambo, Rumba, Beguine, Pops x 3, Rock x 12, Disco x 6, Foxtrot, Shuffle, March, Swing x3, Bossanova x3, Chacha, Samba, Afro, Enka, Tango, Habanera
16 Intro Rhythms
16 Fill-In Rhythms
KR-55B - 96 Rhythm patterns
- Controls - Level for each Drum Sound, Tempo, Swing Beat, Start/Stop, Intro/Fill
- Keyboard - None
- Effects - None
- Control - Start/Stop and Intro/Fill functions triggered by external footswitch
- Date Produced - 1979 - mid-eighties
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from The Audio Playground Synthesizer Museum.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.