Korg MiniPops 35 (MP-35)
The MiniPops 35 is a preset rhythm machine from the 1970's. It's pretty cheesy today, and does not compare to the similar looking Roland CR-68 and CR-78 CompuRhythm boxes. The MiniPops offers nine fairly run of the mill style patterns: Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock1, and Rock2. A Variation switch can be used to add a little change here and there between the bass/snare drums and the cymbals. That's as programmable as this box gets, however. There are also knobs for volume, balance, and tempo (only labeled slow to fast so you never exactly know what the tempo is) and a Start/Stop button. Its sounds and limited range make it pretty useless today, unless you're into nostalgia or experimental music. For the collector, it makes a nice rarity. It has been used by Air.
Check Korg MiniPops 35 (MP-35) Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Korg MiniPops 35 (MP-35)? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 6 voices
- Sounds - Bass Drum, Snare, Toms, Cymbals, Perc. Used in Preset Style Patterns only. Not programmable.
- Controls - Power/Volume, Balance, Tempo (slow to fast), Variation knobs for Bass/Snare Drum and Cymbal
- Patterns - 9 patterns in preset styles (Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock1, Rock2)
- Songs - None
- Keyboard - None
- Effects - None
- Control - None
- Date Produced - 1976
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from The Audio Playground Synthesizer Museum.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.