Korg MiniPops 35 (MP-35)
The MiniPops 35 is a preset rhythm machine from the 1970's. It's pretty cheesy today, and does not compare to the similar looking Roland CR-68 and CR-78 CompuRhythm boxes. The MiniPops offers nine fairly run of the mill style patterns: Waltz, Samba, Rhumba, Bossa Nova, Tango, Slow Rock, Swing, Rock1, and Rock2. A Variation switch can be used to add a little change here and there between the bass/snare drums and the cymbals. That's as programmable as this box gets, however. There are also knobs for volume, balance, and tempo (only labeled slow to fast so you never exactly know what the tempo is) and a Start/Stop button. Its sounds and limited range make it pretty useless today, unless you're into nostalgia or experimental music. For the collector, it makes a nice rarity. It has been used by Air.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from The Audio Playground Synthesizer Museum.