Korg VC-10 Vocoder
Isn't it cute? It's a little polyphonic 20-band vocoder offered by Korg. Feed it your voice (or any other interesting sound source) and synthesize it! That is, control the sound of the synth with your voice. You can even put other sounds through its filters which will then be processed by the vocoder. This basically means you can use it as a talk-box with a guitar, for example or you can use it to add a twist to your drum loops. Other than that this machine is pretty limited. There's a nifty little analog VCU input meter. It has been used by Keith Emerson, Apollo 440, Klaus Schulze, Tomita, Labradford, Rick Wakeman, Roger Waters, Joe Zawinul, Tangerine Dream, Goldfrapp, Air, Pink Floyd and Yes.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.