The Frostwave Resonator from Australia is in fact a "true clone" of the Korg MS-20's classic VCF analog filter section. It consists of a high and low pass filter in series, with resonance and cutoff controls for each, plus a balance control and bypass switch.
It looks like one big fat guitar stomp box! It's got four knobs to adjust the Frequency Cutoff and Resonance for each filter, as well as an overall Volume knob and Wet/Dry Mix knob.
There are also six 1/4" jacks on the Resonator for audio and control. A mono input, mono output, and Control Voltage (CV) inputs for the low pass cutoff and resonance and high pass cutoff and resonance. These CV inputs let you control the resonator with other analog synths.
This stomp box really is a cost-effective way to get the MS-20's classic filter to process your own synthesizers, guitars, bass, sampler, and vocals! It is used by Charlie Clouser of Nine Inch Nails.
Lookup Frostwave Resonator Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Frostwave Resonator? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - None
- LFO - None
- Filter - One High Pass with Resonance and Cutoff controls; One Low Pass with Resonance and Cutoff controls.
- VCA - Level control, Wet/Dry Mix control
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - None
- Control - Control Voltage Inputs to control Frequency Cutoff and Resonance for both Low Pass and High Pass filters
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Analog Effects.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.