Studio Electronics Omega8
The Omega8 is an excellent 8-voice true analog synthesizer. Classic architecture with modern features it offers multi-filtering, arpeggiating, multi-timbrality, MIDI, memory, and more all in a 4-space rack module. With 32 knobs, 35 switches and a rotary encoder, most every parameter is within hands-reach!
The Omega8 features 2 true analog oscillators (VCOs) and one sub-oscillator per voice. Oscillator syncing and independent tuning is available just as on the classic analogs. Then there are the two analog VCF 24dB and 12dB filters that really resemble the sounds of Moog and Oberheim. Additional 303 and ARP 2600 filter circuits are also available! Three LFO's with classic wave shapes can modulate a variety of parameters among the oscillators, VCF and VCA sections. Three multi-stage VCA envelope generators with classic ADSR type controls and more are also onboard.
A good arpeggiator belongs in any analog synth, and the Omega8 has that too! It has tempo, direction, range, interval and MIDI sync controls for a very modern implementation of this useful effect. And speaking of useful effects, there is linear and exponential Glide (portamento) with its own set of modern control and destination parameters. There are plenty more real-time controllers and modulation sources that can be assigned via MIDI, Midi sysex, etc. This makes the Omega8 a strong contemporary to the Novation SuperNova, JP-8080 and Korg MS-2000 modules with one key difference - the Omega8 is truly analog! It has been used by Hans Zimmer, Outkast, Dr. Dre, and E.L.O..
Also available is the more affordable Omega2. A 2-voice version of the Omega8 with all the same key features and parameters.
Check Studio Electronics Omega8 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Studio Electronics Omega8? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 8 voices: (Unison mode 1, 2, 4, 6, or 8 voices)
- Oscillators - 2 analog oscillators + 1 sub-osc. Waveforms: triangle, sawtooth and variable width square. Osc 2 to Osc 1 sync. White noise generator
- LFO - 3 LFO's: (LFO3 fixed to voice panning) Waveforms: triangle, sawtooth, reverse sawtooth, square, noise, random. Controls: range, delay, key trigger, phase, mode (mono or poly), quantize, and midi sync.
- Filter - 2 analog filters: 24dB lowpass (Moog) and 12db (Oberheim) low pass, bandpass, high pass, band reject modes. Filters do not operate in series or parallel. Up to four different filters available for each voice. Current additional filters available: Roland 303 and ARP 2600.
- VCA - 3 multi-stage envelope gens w/ ADSR. Envelopes 1&2 have additional delay, decay2, and breakpoint parameters. Env 1 to filter freq., Env 2 to amp level; Env 3 assignable to 3 more destinations.
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 256 sound patches,128 multi patches in RAM
- Control - MIDI (8-part)
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.