Image Line SimSynth
SimSynth 2.7 is a monophonic analog software synthesizer emulator. It creates sounds akin to the classic Minimoogs and Oberheim synthesizers. Like the Mini, it features a 3-oscillator design which drives a fat monophonic sound for bass, lead, and other sounds. It features a warm SVF Oberheim style filter too, overdriven by the oscillators for that authentic analog sound. And that analog sound is coming out at 16-bit, 44.1kHz stereo CD sound quality.
SimSynth 1.0 was released back in 1994. The current version, 2.7 has been integrated with FL Studio (formerly Fruityloops). SimSynth can function as a stand-alone application that generates .WAV files and/or presets that can be used in Fruityloops or any other digital audio application capable of handling .WAV files. That is, FL Studio will render and use all your SimSynth presets on the fly!
SimSynth Live is a VSTi version of SimSynth for about the same price that works in real time from within FL Studio. SimSynth Live adds some new features such as unlimited polyphony, a simple step sequencer, everything syncs to tempo, (Envelopes, LFO's, effects, etc), real time MIDI control via Phatboy and/or keyboard controllers, Reverb, a Phasor, and some decent Delay FX. Sadly, it doesn't have the drawable graphic envelopes or the sweeping filter on the delay, and there is no Macintosh support for the SimSynth.
Check Image Line SimSynth Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Image Line SimSynth? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - Monophonic. SimSynth Live - unlimited / CPU dependent
- Oscillators - 3 oscillators (which can be doubled effectively giving six)
- Effects - Built in delay effects; VSTi version has reverb, phasor, and delay
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- LFO - 1 - saw, triangle, square, and random (like sample-n-hold)
- Filter - 1 LP or simultaneous HP and BP with resonance (Overdrive features including soft clipping)
- VCA - 1 Multi-stage graphic envelopes (drawable with mouse)
- Memory - Unlimited
- Control - MIDI (1-part)
- Windows/PC - Pentium 133 MHz processor, Windows 95 or 98, Soundboard, DirectX, 32 MB Ram
- Date Produced - 1994 - present
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from FL Studio online.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.