Image Line SimSynth
SimSynth 2.7 is a monophonic analog software synthesizer emulator. It creates sounds akin to the classic Minimoogs and Oberheim synthesizers. Like the Mini, it features a 3-oscillator design which drives a fat monophonic sound for bass, lead, and other sounds. It features a warm SVF Oberheim style filter too, overdriven by the oscillators for that authentic analog sound. And that analog sound is coming out at 16-bit, 44.1kHz stereo CD sound quality.
SimSynth 1.0 was released back in 1994. The current version, 2.7 has been integrated with FL Studio (formerly Fruityloops). SimSynth can function as a stand-alone application that generates .WAV files and/or presets that can be used in Fruityloops or any other digital audio application capable of handling .WAV files. That is, FL Studio will render and use all your SimSynth presets on the fly!
SimSynth Live is a VSTi version of SimSynth for about the same price that works in real time from within FL Studio. SimSynth Live adds some new features such as unlimited polyphony, a simple step sequencer, everything syncs to tempo, (Envelopes, LFO's, effects, etc), real time MIDI control via Phatboy and/or keyboard controllers, Reverb, a Phasor, and some decent Delay FX. Sadly, it doesn't have the drawable graphic envelopes or the sweeping filter on the delay, and there is no Macintosh support for the SimSynth.
- Demos & Media
Video 1 - Image Line - Sim Synth Live One | The Oscillators
- Polyphony - Monophonic. SimSynth Live - unlimited / CPU dependent
- Oscillators - 3 oscillators (which can be doubled effectively giving six)
- Effects - Built in delay effects; VSTi version has reverb, phasor, and delay
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- LFO - 1 - saw, triangle, square, and random (like sample-n-hold)
- Filter - 1 LP or simultaneous HP and BP with resonance (Overdrive features including soft clipping)
- VCA - 1 Multi-stage graphic envelopes (drawable with mouse)
- Memory - Unlimited
- Control - MIDI (1-part)
- Windows/PC - Pentium 133 MHz processor, Windows 95 or 98, Soundboard, DirectX, 32 MB Ram
- Date Produced - 1994 - present
- Resources & Credits
Images from FL Studio online.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.