The SX-400 is a solid 4-voice analog synth. It is most comparable to the Roland Juno 6, but has a better expression-section. The aftertouch and handwheel can trigger vibrato, cutoff and pitch at the same time, variable in speed and sensitivity. Available effects include an Ensemble (chorus) and a Portamento glide-effect. The sub & noise OSC and ensemble-switch are cool and make the SX-400 good for techno and acid too. Unfortunately there are no arpeggiators or sequencers.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - 4 voices
- Oscillators - (4): 4 in Mono-mode, 2 in Dual-mode, 1 in Quad-mode, fine tuning and range for each OSC. Saw, pulse, tri, (16' 8' 4' 2') waveforms.
- LFO - (2): 1 with frequency, delay, saw, pulse, tri; 1 simple sine LFO
- Filter - 24 dB/oct resonant, self-oscillating, LFO-Mod, EGI-Mod with reverse mode.
- VCA - ADSR, LFO-Mod
- Keyboard - 49 keys w/ aftertouch
- Memory - 8 factory, 8 user
- Control - CV/GATE
- Date Produced - 1981 - 1982
- Resources & Credits
Images from Teisco synthesizers web page.
Thanks to Malte Munster for providing information.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.