The SX-400 is a solid 4-voice analog synth. It is most comparable to the Roland Juno 6, but has a better expression-section. The aftertouch and handwheel can trigger vibrato, cutoff and pitch at the same time, variable in speed and sensitivity. Available effects include an Ensemble (chorus) and a Portamento glide-effect. The sub & noise OSC and ensemble-switch are cool and make the SX-400 good for techno and acid too. Unfortunately there are no arpeggiators or sequencers.
Lookup Teisco SX-400 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related Forum Topics
User Comments & Reviews
Are you looking to buy or sell a Teisco SX-400? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - 4 voices
- Oscillators - (4): 4 in Mono-mode, 2 in Dual-mode, 1 in Quad-mode, fine tuning and range for each OSC. Saw, pulse, tri, (16' 8' 4' 2') waveforms.
- LFO - (2): 1 with frequency, delay, saw, pulse, tri; 1 simple sine LFO
- Filter - 24 dB/oct resonant, self-oscillating, LFO-Mod, EGI-Mod with reverse mode.
- VCA - ADSR, LFO-Mod
- Keyboard - 49 keys w/ aftertouch
- Memory - 8 factory, 8 user
- Control - CV/GATE
- Date Produced - 1981 - 1982
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Teisco synthesizers web page.
Thanks to Malte Munster for providing information.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.