The JV-2080 is everything you could expect from a modern sound module, but more! A massive 64 voice multitimbral performance module that strives to offer the best all-around features for creating new and vintage sounds for any musical style. Excellent acoustic sounds of all instruments both common and ethnic. A massive amount of techno sounds complete with pulses, blips, sweeps, and the ever popular LFO, VCF and VCA type controls for patch editing and real-time editing. The 2080 is extremely expandable with room for 8 sound cartridges from the JV-80 series, as well as a data card slot. The 2080 has 5 excellent effects processors too, including the new EFX processors. Verb, delay, panning effects, chorus, flange, etc... It is used by many artists from all styles including Todd Terry, Max Graham, Richard Barbieri, Mike Oldfield, LTJ Bukem, ATB, and Hardfloor.
Check Roland JV-2080 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JV-2080? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Roland has made manuals for most of their products available as free PDF downloads.
Patches - Lots of Patch and Bank Midi SysEx files for the JV-2080, in a Macintosh or Windows/PC friendly format.
- Polyphony - 64 voices
- Oscillators - 8MB of sample ROM and acoustic simulation. Expandable with SR-JV80 expansion boards
- LFO - 2 LFO's (sine, saw, square, triangle, trapezoid, sample&hold, random and chaos) w/ key or external sync. Can modulate the pitch, filter, pan, or level
- Filter - TVF (lowpass, bandpass, highpass, peak) with cutoff, resonance, key follow and velocity sensitivity
- VCA - TVA ADSR (tone level, pan, key follow)
- Memory - 128 user, 640 presets, 2 user rhythm kits, 10 preset rhythm kits, 32 user performances, 64 preset performances and 8 expansion board slots
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI (16 channels)
- Date Produced - 1997
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.