The JV-880 is the rack-mount version of the JV-80 keyboard and features powerful multi-timbral capabilities combined with impressive sound editing capability, all in a 1U rack space. The immediate forerunner to the immensely popular JV-1080/2080, the 880 provides the same high quality sounds for which the entire JV line has come to be respected. And like its descendants, the JV-880's sampled waveform memory can be expanded (to 14 Mbytes) using Roland's series of SR-JV80 expansion boards and SO-PCM1 cards.
Editing sounds is done via the rotary encoder that lets you select parameters and set values at the touch of a button. When editing you can audition sounds right from the front panel by pressing the preview button. There are TVF (filter), TVA (amp), micro-tuning, and multiple LFOs. An onboard effects processor with various types of chorus, reverb, and delays rounds out the package. It is used by K.O.
Check Roland JV-880 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland JV-880? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Roland has made manuals for most of their products available as free PDF downloads.
- Polyphony - 28 voices
- Oscillators - 4 per voice; Digital 4 MB of ROM sampled sounds
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Filter - Digital TVF filters with cutoff & resonance
- LFO - 2 LFOs routable to pitch, TVA amps, or TVF filters
- Effects - Reverb, chorus, delay
- Memory - 192 Patches (64 user), 48 Performances (16 user) - expandable via 8mb expansion boards
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI IN/OUT/THRU (8-parts)
- Date Produced - 1992
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Info provided by Kostas Petropoulos.
Reviewed December 2007.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.