Sequential Circuits Prophet T8
A monstrous 8 voice polysynth from SCI! The T8 has a very fat Prophet-5-like tone. This synth adds many illustrious new features (for its time) such as full MIDI implementation, 76 full size weighted keys with velocity and aftertouch, split/layer double/unison keyboard modes, and a simple but useful real-time sequencer. The new keyboard features many dynamics enhancements, ie: aftertouch can affect pitch, level, filter or the LFO. It was Sequential's finest analog synthesizer. Digital control of analog sound with an extremely flexible, intuitive and beautiful design - right down to the wood panels!
Unfortunately the T8 suffered from the popularity of the much cheaper Yamaha DX7 back in 1983 when they were released. Although it still sounds great, the weighted keyboard is the T8's best feature making it the Rolls Royce of analog synthesizers. Generally these beasts are hard to find today and still very expensive. It has been used by Howard Jones, the Thompson Twins and Steve Levine.
Lookup Sequential Circuits Prophet T8 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Sequential Circuits Prophet T8? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 8 Voices
- Oscillators - 2 VCO's per voice (16 oscillators)
- Sequencer - YES (670 notes)
- Filter - 24dB/oct low-pass with cutoff, resonance, env amount, key tracking
- LFO - Waveforms: square, triangle and sawtooth.
Destinations: osc a, osc b, pulse width, filter
- VCA - 2 ADSR envelopes per voice
- Keyboard - 76 weighted keys (w/ velocity & aftertouch)
- Memory - 128 patches
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1983
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.