The Waldorf Q is a professional virtual analog synthesizer well suited for demanding performance and studio work! The Q was a large and bright yellow beast but now they come in a sleek dark grey look. Through digital emulation the Q faithfully reproduces the sounds and programming characteristics of virtually any sophisticated analog synthesizer with state of the art control and precision.
With 16 to 32 voices and 16 multitimbral parts, the Q is well adapted for reliable live use. Waldorf's excellent analog sound emulation is complemented by sophisticated yet familiar analog-type controls and parameters. There are 3 oscillators per voice, 3 LFOs with ramp, sine, square, etc. and 2 12/24dB Filters (Low pass, band pass, hi pass, notch, comb, ring mod and more). A powerful arpeggiator and sequencer are also on-board for creating complex accompaniment or arpeggios. There are 58 knobs to aid you in tweaking away at creating amazing sounds! All knobs and edit parameters are MIDI controllable. The Waldorf Q is topped off with 8 effects processors (2 per sound that include Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Overdrive, AM, Delay, Reverb, etc.), 2 analog audio inputs, 6 outputs and 1 S/PDIF output (44.1kHz / 48kHz switchable) and vocoding capability. The Q is a professional-grade virtual analog synth that combines the raw power of analog synthesis with modern technology, stability and creativity. It has been used by Überzone and Kekko.
In addition to the Q there is also a Waldorf Q+ (pictured above) synthesizer, wich is similar to the Q Keyboard but adds 16 analog filters and up to 100 voices polyphony.
Check Waldorf Q Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Waldorf Q? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 16 to 32 voices
- Oscillators - 3 per voice (sawtooth, triangle, sine, PWM, new oscillator algorithms, waves and a noise generator)
- Memory - 300 single programs, 100 multi programs
- Filter - 2 12dB/24dB Filters (Low pass, band pass, hi pass, notch, comb, ring mod and more; FM and distortion)
- VCA - 4 envelopes (ADSR with loop and one shot function, bipolar)
- Keyboard - 61 notes (velocity and aftertouch)
- Arpeg/Seq - Arpeggiator: Many user patterns (accents, timing, swing, glide, chords and more); Sequencer: 100 user patterns; 32 steps per pattern, polyphonic
- Control - MIDI (16 parts), CV
- Date Produced - 1999
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.