It's nice to know that analog is still around, and Waldorf certainly knows this! That's why their new X-Pole stand-alone filter is a truly ANALOG filter and amplifier module. Best of all it's stereo! This gives you two 12/24dB/oct filters and ADSR envelopes that can contour any sound source, either stereo or dual-mono signals. And it is fully programmable.
The X-Pole really is a nice sounding (self-oscillating) filter that can be used to shape a sound or to create filter-effects on drum loops and such. It's fully MIDI'd including all the real-time controls. It has nice LFO controls, 2 VCA ADSR envelope generators, and it even has an overdrive at the input stage to really get that authentic analog sound. The inclusion of patch memory may even make this a better buy than the popular Mutronics Mutator!
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones
Images from Waldorf.