The SU200 is a budget desktop sampler suited for DJs and entry-level musicians. The aim of the SU200 is Groove Sampling and Remixing. Variable sampling rates from 5 to 44.1 kHz offer a range of 333 to 21 seconds in stereo or mono. Samples are assigned to the pads. Looping, loop muting, slicing, filtering, distortion, effects and more are available on the fly. A ribbon controller will 'scratch' the samples like a record on a turntable. There are two real time control knobs assignable to the Loop Remix, Slice, Tech Mod (LFO), Distortion/Lo-Fi, Delay, and Filter effects. Loop Remix is a function that slices up a loop and allows you to effect the slices to create a whole new variation of that loop.
A nice feature is a Resampling function which allows you to re-sample your loops or performances with any effects you may have applied. Sampled loops are also beat-matched to the tempo automatically using the Loop-Track Play feature, so you can be sure your loops will play in time with each other. Sync the SU200 to a tempo via MIDI or use the Tap Tempo key (essential for live DJ use). The SU200 also features Line and Mic inputs, MIDI IN (supports bulk dump of SU10 samples) and SmartMedia Memory Card storage. It can be battery powered and it ships with a CD to get you started sampling drum loops and synth loops. More professional features can be found in the SU700. But for DJs, the SU200 provides an affordable loop and groove performance tool to liven' up your sets!
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - This demo track shows what the SU200 can do, with some effects on the 303-line.
- Polyphony - 6 voices
- Oscillators - None
- Sampler - 896 KB Memory; Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz, 5.5125kHz (approx. 42, 84, 168, 333 seconds sample times in mono, respectively); Stereo or Mono modes
- Filter - Low pass resonant filter in Effects section
- Effects - Loop Remix, Slice, Low-pass filter with resonance, distortion/lo-fi (distortion with lo-pass filter), Delay, Tech Mod (LFO)
- Keyboard - None (8 touch pads)
- Memory - Holds up to 24 samples; Flash RAM and SmartMedia 3.3v offline storage
- Control - MIDI IN only
- Date Produced - 2000
- Resources & Credits
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.