Syntronik 2 Released With Eleven New Instruments
Post date:Fri, 12/03/2021 - 07:45
IK Multimedia's Syntronik already impressed many fans of vintage synths with its recreation of 22 classics, and thanks to the recent release of Syntronik 2, it has gotten even better.
According to IK Multimedia, Syntronik 2 features more gear, more control, and more presets, along with the most accurate recreation of legendary synths possible. While most of the big hitters were already present in the original release, Syntronik 2 now features 11 new synths based on rare and sought-after models. These new additions now boost the collection to 33 synths and also add 3,300 new presets for all of them, including the original synths from Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe. These new presets use the updated SampleTank 4 engine, while all legacy presets and samples included sound identical to Syntronik 1 thanks to the dual-engine architecture.
Other new additions include the Wave Set Browser, which lets users choose the sound in each of up to 4 oscillators and two sub oscillators per preset. A new "EDIT" panel with a modulation matrix offers deep editing beyond the capabilities of the original hardware synths. In contrast, a new step sequencer is now included in the Player panel for flexible and expressive rhythmic textures. It also has controller filters in the MULTI panel to filter out sustain pedal, pitch bend, mod wheel, and aftertouch for each of the four parts. Syntronik 2 comes with 33 new effects, bringing the total up to 71 effects, including the stellar Vintage Plat Reverb, and presets can now be loaded faster thanks to disk streaming. All synths also work as libraries inside SampleTank 4 alongside SampleTron 2, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Cinekinetik, Eletromagnetik, etc.
As mentioned earlier, the 11 new synths are not quite as sought-after as the original 22, but there are a few interesting additions. For example, the CATO captures the distinctive analog sounds of the Octave Cat SRM and its SSM filter, while the GS-V is based on the FM sounds of the ultra-rare Yamaha GS1. Other new synths include ones based on the Korg DW-8000, the Waldorf Microwave, the Oberheim Matrix-12, the Oberheim OB-1, and the Sequential Circuits Prophet VS. The Triptych, based on the Korg Trident and The Sorcerer, based on the Moog Source are also welcome additions to the collection.
With 33 instruments representing 54 classic synthesizers and string machines, over 200 GB of sound content, and more than 5,000 instrument presets, Syntronik 2 is a massive resource for synth fans. Different versions of the package are available, starting with Syntronik 2 CS, a free virtual synthesizer with 100 presets and 2.4 GB of sound content. The "full version" with all 22 synths and 80GB of sound content is available for €199.99, while the "Max" version with 5,500 presets and 200 GB of sound content will set you back €299.99. Existing owners should log in to the IK Multimedia website to see if they qualify for a discounted version.
Check out the specs for Syntronik 2 below, and be sure to watch the embedded video where Erik Norlander, the Syntronik 2 senior developer, provides more information.
* Multi-sampled oscillators for ultimate authenticity
* 4 classic types of circuit-modeled filters to shape sounds
* DRIFT™ technology for realism of subtle oscillator variations
* Mix and match oscillators with filters for new original sounds
* Wave Set Browser to select individual oscillator sounds
* Edit panel with modulation matrix, extra oscillators, suboscillators, envelopes, and LFOs
* True 4-part synth to create rich sounds with layers and splits
* 4 dynamic arpeggiators and step sequencers for complex rhythmic textures
* 71 high-quality effects derived from AmpliTube, T-RackS, and MixBox
* Browser search by category or keyword to find sounds in seconds
* Optimized resizable interface
* All legacy Syntronik 1 presets and samples included with identical sound to the originals
* Load Syntronik sounds into SampleTank 4.1.5 (or later) for more expandability
* Native support of Apple M1 processor
* Works as a 64-bit plug-in or standalone instrument for Mac/PC