Crumar Bit 99
The Bit 99 is one of the first synthesizers from which traditional knobs and sliders have been banned. The edit method is easy to understand. The Bit 99 can produce a wide variety of sounds but bass sounds are the best. With a polyphony of three notes, instead of six normally, you can have two sounds layered! Possibilities are almost unlimited and if the 99 patches are not enough you can save the data to tape and load it when you want! This synth was used by 808 State but the synth sounds a lot like Orbital's "In-sides" album. A rackmount version was also released, called the Bit-01.
Lookup Crumar Bit 99 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Crumar Bit 99? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 6 voices
- Oscillators - 2 DCOs per voice
- LFO - 2 LFOs assignable to VCA, VCF, DCO1, DCO2
- Filter - VCF: cutoff, resonance, tracking, invert (inverts VCF values), ADSR
- VCA - ADSR
- Keyboard - 61 full size keys, slightly weighted
- Memory - 99 patches (75 single programs and from 76 to 99 for "split" or "double" modes)
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1985 - 86
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from SynthSite.
Additional information provided by Telmo J. Portela.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.