Jen Electronics SX-2000 Synthetone
The SX-2000 Synthetone is an analog monophonic synthesizer designed for use with an organ (it was meant to sit on top of the organ). This type of late 1970's synthesizer design (with the knobs, sliders and switches in front of the keyboard) was also seen in the Roland SH-1000, SH-2000, Minitmoog and Elka Soloist. The SX-2000 has 7 presets which include: synthy, harpsichord, flute, clarinet, violin, trumpet and piano. Presets are selected via the red switches towards the left of the keyboard.
Luckily it has plenty of simple to tweak analog synth functions to manipulate those boring old preset sounds. It features a single VCO, switchable over four octaves and equipped with four waveforms (sawtooth, square, and two rectangular). The VCF is a simple low-pass filter with cut-off and resonance (emphasis) and can be modulated by the LFO or one of 3 preset envelope effects. The VCA can also be modulated by these 3 preset envelope effects which include: repeat (which constantly repeats AD envelope), ASR (with sustain), AD (without sustain). The LFO can modulate the oscillator or the filter with either square or triangle waveforms. Finally a Portamento effect is on-board for those elastic synth sounds. Nice wood end-cheeks and unique Italian sound make this rarity worth a look, if you happen to find one.
Check Jen Electronics SX-2000 Synthetone Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Jen Electronics SX-2000 Synthetone? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - One VCO (sawtooth, square, 2 rectangular waveforms); 4-octave range (32', 16', 8', 4')
- LFO - Square or triangle waveforms; intensity and speed; can modulate VCO or VCF
- Filter - 1 VCF with cut-off, emphasis; 3 preset envelope settings: Repeat, ASR, and AD.
- VCA - 3 preset envelope settings: Repeat, ASR, and AD
- Keyboard - 44 keys
- Memory - None
- Control - None
- Date Produced - 1978 - 1982
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Image from collection of Daniele Marziali found at the Jen Synth Pages.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.