Roland's XV-5050 is a 64-voice synthesizer packed with their XV-5080 synth engine in a small 1-unit rack-module. It features four stereo tones per patch, expressive Matrix Control and over a thousand inspiring presets-expandable via high-quality SRX-Series Wave Expansion Boards. There are also three independent effects processors, digital outputs, plus a USB port for easy connection to computers.
Front panel controls are at a minimum, as you might expect from such a small rack module. You can select and edit patches from the front, but this module is really at home in a computer/MIDI studio set-up. You get all of Roland's XV-5080 sounds plus a selection of sounds from the newer Fantom-X series of synthesizers. The three effects processors offer 24-bit reverb and chorus, plus 90 multi-effects including COSM Guitar Amp Modeling.
For connectivity, the XV-5050 has superb features. They include four analog outputs, 24-bit D/A converters and S/PDIF digital outputs, a front panel USB port for simplified MIDI connections with a Mac or PC (drivers included on a CD-ROM), and two SRX expansion ports for adding more sounds (up to 192 MB total) from the SRX-Series Wave Expansion Boards. Each expansion contains 64MB of new sounds and patches, and can be user-installed in seconds.
Cost effective, simple, compact, computer savvy, superior sound quality. These are the means by which the XV-5050 was designed to provide users with the sounds of Roland's flagship XV-series sound engine.
Check Roland XV-5050 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland XV-5050? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 64 voices (16-part multitimbral)
- Oscillators - 64MB Wave Memory (16-bit linear equivalent). 1,083 Waveforms
- Sampler - None
- Effects - Multi Effects (MFX) : 90 Types *Three different Multi-Effects (50 Types) can be used simultaneously in Performance Mode. Chorus: 3 Types, Reverb: 5 Types, System EQ: 2-band per each 4 outputs
- Memory - Preset Patches: 1,024 (128 x 8 Banks) + 256 (GM2) Rhythm Sets: 16 (2 x 8 Banks) + 9 (GM2) Performances: 64 (32 x 2 Banks)
User Patches: 128, Rhythm Sets: 4, Performances: 64
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MINI (In/Out/Thru), USB
- Date Produced - 2001
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Reviewed August 2008.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.