The Roland XV-5080 128-Voice Synthesizer Module is the ultimate sound module based on the best-sounding, most expressive and expandable new synthesizer/sample player architecture in Roland history. With a massive 128 voices, the it is capable of extensive layering and multitimbral applications! There are true stereo waveforms per tone, expressive Matrix Control, expandability via 4 expansion slots for 64MB SRX-series waveboards (when converted into 16-bit linear format) and four SR-JV80 expansion slots. The sounds include those from the JV-2080 plus many more new sounds and waveforms from the JD-990 and Super JD.
Packed with the most professional features you can find in a synthesizer, the XV-5080 has plenty of quality built-in digital effects including reverb and effects derived from Roland SRV-3030, V-Studios, and RSS technology. There is an R-Bus port which provides eight-channel 24-bit digital output to other R-Bus devices as well as an S/PDIF digital output! The XV-5080 is compatible with Roland S-700 and Akai S1000 CD-ROMs via its SCSI port. The sample-memory can be expanded up to 128MB, allowing you to load, edit and playback sounds from these libraries!
Programming the XV-5080 is in-depth but intuitive and well documented. There's a Patch Finder for quickly finding sounds sorted by type, as found on the JV-2080. Programming the new Matrix Control gives sounds an unprecedented level of nuance! The XV-3080 is almost identical to the XV-5080. The XV-3080 does not have the ability to read and playback Akai or S-700 sample libraries. The 3080 does not have digital output. It also lacks the COSM effects processor. The XV-3080 only has a 2-line LCD display screen whereas the XV-5080 has a giant JV-2080 style LCD display. Minus these few limitations, the XV-3080 is still an immensely powerful pro-quality sound module. But for the most professional and elegant Roland synthesizer ever, look no further than the XV-5080.
Check Roland XV-5080 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Roland XV-5080? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 128 voices
- Oscillators - 64MB of internal wave memory gives 1083 waveforms (including all JV-2080 sounds and waveforms and 112 waveforms from the JD-990).
Expandable with SR-JV80-Series wave expansion boards and XP/JV-Series Patches, 4 slots.
- Sampler - Load and playback Roland S-700 and Akai sample libraries via SCSI port using optional SIMM memory.
- Modulation - Matrix Modulation - 4 destinations per source to modulate for unprecedented level of nuance
- Effects - Studio-quality reverb, chorus and multi-effects derived from Roland SRV-3030, V-Studios, RSS, Slicer, Isolater and COSM technology
- Memory - Patches: 1152; Performances: 96
- Keyboard - None
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.